Thursday, January 18, 2007

Candice Eggleston's Baby Shower

This weekend was great! It was my friend Candice's baby shower, and it was just about the nicest baby shower I've ever been to- way nicer than ones I throw where you have to pass around baby diapers with various melted candy bars inside and everyone has to smell the brown stuff to guess which candy bar it is! No, this one was at Il Forniao in downtown San Jose and came with fabulous food and surroundings. I'm trying to figure out how to make Candice's friends my new best friends before I have a baby. . . .
Anyway, here's a little peek at the beautiful set-up:


The expectant mother:
And the expectant grandmothers
And the awesome friends I need to try to get in with:
We played this great game where everyone cuts a piece of string the length of what they think Candice's belly circumference is. Here, her friend Miriam is giving that look that says, "ohhh- you're in trouble- that was way too long.
I don't know who this baby thought she was, but she was totally all "Look at me. Look how cute I am. By the way, Baby Showers are so 5 minutes ago- I had one like 5 months ago, you know". J/k
I was especially excited for gift time because, well, in my humble opinion, I totally got Candice the best gift. Here she is opening it :)
A few more pics:
And the expectant father:

So, slightly better than that amazing brunch was the fact that Brad and Candice were so nice and flew Holly down for the day. It was also Holly's 30th Birthday this week (Today actually!) so they planned a big family dinner for her that night at P.F. Changs. During the middle of the day we had about 5 hours though and Holly and I did something we hadn't done since high school- went to the mall and went shopping! It was so fun. Just the two of us, and just like old times, except for we didn't even need our mom's to drop us off and pick us up. We tried on clothes, got foot massages and talked about girl stuff; it was fabulous. We were also able to go and see Renee and her 9 month old baby Aurelia (sorry for the spelling) who is sooo cute. Anyway, it was a really nice day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robyn. These were so good and a great way to remember a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute Robyn! Love the photos and the commentary. hugs, Candice