Thursday, December 27, 2007

Some more from Summer

Ok, I'm determined to sum up the second half of my year before the year is over in 4 days. Soooo, here we go- July: Well I actually already posted all my personal stuff for July back when it was in a timely manner, but here are a few of my photo shoots from the rest of summer:

KALEA
First there was Kalea Papandrew. I've known Kalea since she was born and was thrilled at the opportunity to photograph her. I see her every week at church, and every week I make a little high-pitched noise in disbelief of how cute she is! Her mom wanted to do some pictures of her at 5 years old so I came over and we ran around the house together. She modeled her "princess" crown, gave me a little piano recital, played with her brother in the backyard and then we went down to Golden Gate Park in the deep thick fog and picked flowers!


KIM AND ARRON
This is another wedding I helped Julie out with, and I'm so glad I did- it was an incredibly unique and beautiful wedding. Both serious Yogis, Kim and Arron planned a very personal day. It took place in the gardens of a dance studio up in Sonoma and even though I didn't know them very well, it was clear that everything about the day was very them. From the Lululemon socks being worn by the groom to the raw food catering by Cafe Gratitude (one of my personal favorites) it was a highly meaningful day and I was so glad I got to capture part of it.
Here I love the look on Arron's face. He kept looking up in the sky, I assume to keep from crying when he looked into Kimberly's face.
I love this next picture. At one point during the day Kim was feeling tired and hadn't yet been able to eat and still had family wanting more pictures and she just looked a little stressed. Arron pulled her aside and had this little moment with her. I have no idea what he said but after that little bit of comforting from him she was fine again. I hesitated about taking the picture because of the stressful nature of the moment, but I'm so glad I did. I just feel like it is filled with the strength one can find with the help of their partner.
This little ring bearer was also having a tough time getting in the mood for family photos. He had been off playing, tie already removed and had no interest in leaving his fun for some boring family photos. . . and if he had to, well he still wasn't gonna put his tie back on right, that's for sure.

TUXIE
My last photo shoot of July was with Tuxie, and 8 year old Tibetian Terrier.
Ellen explained to me how every day after work when she picks Tuxie up from doggie day care, they head across the street to Oak Meadow Park and just hang out and play together for a few minutes before heading home. We both agreed that that would be the perfect time to capture for our photo shoot, and it was. It was delightful to watch them relish in the joy of just being together again after the day apart.

No comments: