Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Studio- Then and Now-- a film

This is exciting! I took this first video on the day we signed our lease back at the end of August and while I can't believe it has taken us this long to get to where we're at now (we thought we'd be done by mid-October!!) I still feel proud when I go back and look at the first video. I kinda forgot just how much work we did! Whole walls taken down and new ones put up, bathroom closet removed, lead-lined x-ray room demoed, tiny back room made bigger, ugly stone floor fixed- it really is rewarding to see how far we've come.
I just took the second video yesterday. The place is still 3 weeks from being completely done (FEB 21 is our "open" date) so I'll definitely be taking more video and pics at that time, but this will still give you an idea of the progress. At this point, basically we are just waiting for the wall displays, some little odd jobs to be finished up, the workbench, and to finish the decorating.
Ok- here they go:
August 2007

Click here if you can't view the movie.
And January 2008

Click here if you can't view the movie.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I'm so proud of you guys.

Anonymous said...

:-( I cannot see the new film!

Lena Hyde

Anonymous said...

We've added some links for those who haven't been able to view the embeded movies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks soooo much for the videos. It's great to see what the four of you have accomplished. I'm sorry that I am so far away and can't see it in person right now, but finally being able to get a feeling for what we have been talking about on the phone for the last few months helps fill-in a lot of the blank spaces. I'm happy and proud for the success you have already achieved, and look forward to bigger and better things with the studio being a display case for just a few of your many talents.

Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! We (Brad and me) love your (you and Maria's) new shop --Verite! Just seeing the movie nearly overwhelms me with the sudden urge to spend thousands of dollars on baby and doggy pictures! ...time lag ... Brad seeing me write this post says it feels him with the sudden urge to go wine tasting at Verite in Alexander Valley. xoxoxox, Brad and Candice

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!! It is so ridiculously awesome. I'm so impressed. It looks great.

(Please come to Asheville and decorate my house.)

Congratulations! It's perfect.

Best wishes,
Sara Z

Anonymous said...

Hey Robin,
The studio looks awesome. Love the movie! I was just in San francisco but failed to get your number. So sorry. I'd love to see the studio someday. You're doing so well, Congratulations! Take care, your photo friend. Larry Zurligen