Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Robyn's heart dog

Early in the summer I photographed another "Robyn with a 'y'", which is usually a sign of a pretty great person:)! Her full name is actually Robyn Kesnow so it's three fourths the same as mine and now that she's in my email address book, her name pops up before mine when I'm trying to send an email to myself. I just know I'm gonna accidentally send her a reminder to pay rent one of these days. Anyway, Robyn runs a really unique in-home animal care business up in Santa Rosa and I was so excited when she contacted me to photograph her and her dog Kawi, because Robyn is like my dream client in the sense that she just gets it! She totally gets that it's about capturing the connection between you and your companion. Often times I have to convince people to be in the pictures themselves, but Robyn knew right off the bat that this wasn't about a really cute and quirky picture of her dog, but it was about her relationship with a dear friend. And her and Kawi indeed have a very special relationship, thus her name for him- her heart dog.






Robyn really wanted to capture this moment. Everyday when her boyfriend and partner Grant comes home from work, it's a bit of a show with Kawi greeting him. They have a whole little routine as he comes in the door and then sits down to take his boots off. It's those little moments that mean so much so we timed our photo shoot so I could be there for that time of the day.












Robyn and Grant also have another dog, Talon, and we're gonna do another photo session just for Talon someday, but this one was Kawi's day . . . with a few of everyone.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! These are beautiful. I wish you lived closer to take portraits of our happy two dog family.

Eric S said...

Beautiful, like they really are. Kawi will be missed.