Monday, June 02, 2008

Christmas . . .

I know it's kind of an odd time to be posting about Christmas, but apparently the other day Frank, my brother-in-law, commented to Shawn that while it was great I was getting so many events posted recently, he's been waiting 5 months to see some pictures of his dogs that I took when we were all together for Christmas. Well, that was during my just-mentioned sabbatical from blogging, but it's a good incentive for me to dig up some of that stuff.
So first, the (at the time) puppies, CoCo and Chai.

















And here are a few of some of the other various Kessler Dogs:
Remember Rita- she was picked up at the end of this trip last May. Much bigger now.








If you look closely at Tatanka's face in this one, you'll see he looks just like a pig!


And a few of the human Kesslers.
Dalene threw a little pizza-making/cookie-decorating party for some of the kids one night; Morgan really wanted to decorate cookies. . .





So I actually didn't end up with very many snap shots of the family from this trip, and that is mainly because Brendan confiscated my point-and-shoot camera and by the time I got it back there were 617 pictures on it. Among other things, the images included a whole series of different walls, and another of the backs of peoples' heads, but amazingly enough, they were both nicer than his 'portraits' series. Now I'm not knocking the kid's photography gift- I'm just not sure that he's gonna find an appreciative audience anywhere, and that's because his style is so . . . unique. And he definitely has a style; I would describe it as Extremely Close and Incredibly Ugly. Really, picture after picture looked like what you're about to see. I'm sure his mother is gonna want to kill me for posting this, but rest assured Jeanne, you're 1 of like 4 people that actually read my blog, and I just couldn't resist sharing my nephew's talent for capturing people at their absolute most unattractive.
So here it is- the first "Ugly Collage"

No comments: