Friday, February 06, 2009

Drew's Bar Mitzvah

Up until a few months ago I had shot only three or four Bar/Bat Mitzvahs total, but in the last 4 months I have doubled that! There is a group of friends down in the South Bay that have all hired me recently, and I have to say, I kinda like photographing these! They don't have quite the same amount of emotion attached to them that I enjoy so much with weddings, but they also don't have the same level of stress, which is nice! And they are super creative; they always have a theme and they go all out with their theme, and there's just something kinda fun about hanging out with a bunch of 13-year olds. Plus, I'm always so impressed with how much these kids do to get ready for their Mitzvah. They plan, and do a huge service project, and they learn Hebrew for cryin' out loud! I keep coming home from them and telling Shawn that we should become Jewish cause I want our kids to be that good.

Anyway, here's the first of these recent ones I've done. This is Drew, and he has the best red hair ever!



This is so cute. That is Drew with his two best friends, Alex and Josh, who had two of the other three Bar Mitzvahs I have done since this. The 3 of them have been best friends since they were in diapers. I got great pictures of the 3 of them at each of their Bar Mitzvahs, and just thinking of how much I treasure pictures of me and Holly growing up, I think those will make such wonderful keepsakes for them throughout their life. (yes, I guess that was me patting myself on the back :))


And it gets better, as the 3 moms are all best friends too.






Friday night I just did a few family pictures before Temple, and then Saturday was the big party! Drew's theme was basketball. He had a basketball court dance floor, seating assignments done as real game tickets, Converse centerpieces, concession stand food, even a personalized basketball logo and ice sculpture!


















Watching the slide show together.


Kari is such a cute mom, and a short one :)




1 comment:

Monkey said...

Just found your blog and LOVE it! Your photos are awesome and your weenie dog logo is the coolest. I have a question for ya...did you design that or have someone else do it? I would love to pay someone to do something like that for our name MonkeyBean photos. Would you mind letting me know?