Monday, June 21, 2010

Mira and Sydney's 2nd Birthday

So the other week right after Betsy's baby shower, Shawn and I sped down to the South Bay for my 2nd celebration of the day, Mira and Sydney's 2nd Birthday Party, and I did actually remember to bring my camera to this one! (although we missed the first half of it).
They had a Taco and Dinosaur-themed Party, which I think Shawn found quite comforting, as I'm pretty sure half the reason he's excited to have this kid is because of TOYS. He loves toys, but I think is concerned that as we are having a girl, she won't like the "right" toys, so I think seeing these two little girls so into dinosaurs gives him hope.



Sydney seemed to be having some trouble getting started with her cake, but luckily mom was there to show her how it's done.

(don't hate me for sharing this pic, Candice- it's cute!!)





Cameron and Conner, who you may recognize from their recent photo shoot, are good friends of these guys'. Anyway, Conner somehow "won" the prized frosting-volcano topping as his piece of cake and could not have been more pleased! It was pretty darn cute to watch his face.






It turns out I'm a lot less stealthy with my camera than I thought I was. I really wanted a picture of Maddie with all the green frosting all over her face but she wouldn't let me take it, so finally I convinced her to let me "just take a picture of the dinosaur", to which she agreed. So I pretended like that's what I was doing, but actually took a picture of her. I thought my little plan had worked until she then said, "I want to see". Crap! Kids, and digital cameras! So then I had to pretend like it hadn't worked and take one of the dinosaur really quick.


Mira and Sydney were lucky enough to get a surprise visit from a "real" dinosaur ( . . . and spiderman- not really in keeping with the theme, but I suppose you can't really tell one kid they can wear their costume, and not the other). Anyway, the girls were a little unsure about the guest appearance, but the boys were pretty excited about it!








So anyway, the rest of the afternoon was just spent in the warm backyard, relaxing and "swimming" in the water cooler, and hanging out.
















No comments: