Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Baby Oscar's birth {birth photography}

I don't even know where to start with talking about this session; it was such a wonderful experience for me. I had never done any birth photography before but when Liz mentioned it as something she was thinking about, I knew immediately that I would want to do it. For quite some time after Berkeley was born, I was obsessed with reliving the day in my head. I would just go through it, phase by phase, as if trying to cement every detail into my brain. I loved that day so much, and I just needed it to be right there, within reach. (Thankfully I created a written record of it!) So anyway, yes, so very excited and honored about the idea of creating an actual visual memory for someone.

I feel like I sound so vain, but I just love these pictures! Not so much because of anything I did well, but because I love to see untainted emotion, and a birth clearly presents lots of that. Pain, fear, nervousness, anticipation, agony, compassion, elation, exhaustion, falling in love, starting over . . . I love these images.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

LOVE this. Just lovely. Nice work Robyn on these beautiful pics and nice work Liz & Jer on that beautiful boy.

Amy June Bates said...

These are amazing! THe beauty of it, the pain of it, the miracle of it.

thanks for sharing these

Lizzy said...

Love. Love. Love. You are one talented lady, Ms. Robyn. So lucky to get to call you our friend and photographer : )

jenlinmin said...

When I got to the one of Jer kissing Liz's forehead I started crying and then just kept on crying until the end. My favorites are that one (obviously), the one with Liz pushing her hair off her forehead while nursing, and the one with Finn's head poking up from the other side of the bed. Robyn! You are amazing! And I'm always a bit of a voyeur AND I LOVE birth stories too. I could hear them over and over again. Thanks for sharing!

Mom said...

These pictures say so much. Beautiful job, Robyn