Monday, November 27, 2006

Day One: Getting there

Gordon and I left San Francisco late Sunday night. I was pretty sad after saying goodbye to Shawn so she tried to cheer me up by "exercising" on the dirtiest workout machine I've ever seen, really- it was even more crude than Jared and Karen's from the Crush Party. And it was just out in one of the airport stores for anyone to try- in public!
So in addition to knowing how to seriously work this machine, Gordon is great for other reasons as well. Next being the fact that she totally hooked me up with some Ambien. I was a bit nervous; I usually don't even like to take Asprin, but I was sad, grouchy and tired and figured what-the-heck. Anyway, I'm totally converted. I swear the plane ride took like an hour. I think we kinda woke up to eat one meal at one point but I really don't remember much else. We were sitting in the middle and isle seats and there was a larger man who was sitting in the window seat and when we finally woke up right before arriving this man was telling us how he tried several times to wake us up so he could get out to go to the bathroom and finally gave up and climbed over both of us- and we apparently didn't even stir. I wish I had a picture of that but this will have to do.

No comments: