Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Courtney's 30th Birthday

Courtney, being in her 30's and all, has slowed down a bit, and the fast-paced hip dinner scene of the City being a little too much for her, chose to celebrate her birthday a little further south at Red Robin. And I for one am glad she did. This isn't the first time I've mentioned the fine establishment in my 3 short months of blogging history. Unfortunately Betsy lied when she described this same experience on her blog, because the Banzi burger is actually fabulous. Maybe she just needed to have it with a veggie patty. Anyway, what she didn't lie about was being excited for the free refills. 4 seconds after this picture was taken, that glass was empty.
I sat right next to the birthday girl which unfortunately made for really bright (and obnoxious apparently) pictures of her,
but at least this way I was able to be the slightly-off center of attention, which is as good as it gets when it can't be your own birthday.
Heather, being skilled in the Mormon Arts like she is,
made this fabulous flourless chocolate cake.
I think it might have actually been a cut above the work of a skilled Mormon artisan.
And I'm not sure what Jeremy is doing here but I think he might be pointing the shame finger at Emily for spreading gossip about our waitress, even gossip that makes Wayne turn bright red.
Anyway, all and all it was a fabulous birthday party, especially the part about the SS Santos. . . .

No comments: