Saturday, May 15, 2010

Matt and his Guitar

I have this good friend from Nashville named Matt, and by 'good friend' I mean old boyfriend from about 12 years ago. We met when he was out here going to Stanford and we were both servers at Macaroni Grill. And I was completely in love with him :) Our lives went different ways but every few years or so one of us will reach out and say hi, and on one of these reaches, Matt sent me a cd he'd just recorded. I've been super happy to see that he's following his dream, so when he asked if I'd be willing to help him out with some pictures during a trip to the West Coast to record, I was more than happy to oblige!
I'm sure I'm gonna butcher the explanation of his music, but it's like world/spiritual/life-loving/happy-sounds music. (You can listen/buy here and you will soon be able to check out his website for a more accurate understanding :)) Anyway, I had no clue what I was doing with these pictures because . . . well, I have never really photographed just a person and an inanimate object- my subjects are always with other people or other living things. So I was a little out of my element, but in the end, I still think they turned out great and, it was wonderful to spend the day with him and listen to him sing.





This is my favorite one- it's exactly how I remember him in my head, with his fabulous laugh that I'm surprised doesn't give him whiplash.
















And one of the two of us on Stinson Beach.

1 comment:

jenlinmin said...

Those are fabulous, Robyn!

Isabel just said "I love Robyn's pictures... I couldn't take those!" then I said "Me neither!"

**Isabel requested I get the dialogue verbatim here :)

It's all just a way to say we love you and your art!