Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Photographing Christmas

Shawn and I had this great idea to take the Saturday before Christmas and go walk all around the city taking pictures of "Christmas". I love to photograph. I love Christmas. What better activity could there possibly be?! Turns out "doing the books" actually won. I realized that I really only had a week left to get my receipts all entered for the year and get my books in order and seeing as how I had not done it AT ALL for the year- it was a huge "to do" looming over my head and I responsibly decided to do that all day Saturday instead. But we did take a break and had some sushi over on Union St. after which we did a condensed version of the project. So here is an hour's worth of "christmas". We'll do an all day project next year.

The New York Times on a Starbucks table
Santa passing by on a trolley
Sake amidst cotton snow
The subject reflected
The subject
Parking meter
Window displays
And my favorite thing about Christmas
being with him.

And these weren't the same day, but also on a festive note, our stockings created a little Christmas Disco in our hallway one afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!