Friday, April 24, 2009

Dog Sharing!

I had an interesting unexpected visit one afternoon last week. Tracy was just walking by my studio, saw the dog focus, and I guess figured, "What the heck!- it's worth a try". So she came in, daughter and dog in tow, and we spent the next hour plus chatting.

This is her cute dog Boeing

And this is her cute daughter Audrey with her cute dog Boeing


Kinda a long story, but basically, Boeing is a wonderful dog, perfectly trained, and a great great companion, but because of some of Audrey's issues, he is making their lives a little too stressful. Boeing is 12 years old and incredibly loved by Tracy but they unfortunately really need to find a part-time home for him. I found my heart quite tugged at hearing her plight, and as usual, I didn't really know what to do or say to be comforting, so I pulled out my camera (When someone is hurting, the best thing to do is take pictures of them, right? yeah- my sensitivity is amazing)




So anyway, I told her that there's only like 3 people who read my blog, but I would post some pictures anyway, and see if anyone knows of anyone who wants a dog part-time, all expenses paid.





So, let me know if you know of any good solutions for Boeing.

(oh, and remember, not an official photo shoot, so pictures not really the best :))

1 comment:

donnawik said...

I am kind of in the same boat! I am a 50 years young female with a Jack Russell, Trinity! She came into my life, as I first went on disability...here we are 7 years later, and I am now moving into a subsidized housing unit! No dogs allowed!! She is my world, we are together 24/7....I had the thought of dog sharing too! She is what gets me up and motiated to go for my walks daily because of my arthritis. I am afraid without her, I will not go, not to mention all the crying ad depression I feel now! I think it is a great idea, but where to start????????
Thanks Donna