Thursday, June 18, 2009

Frank and Jeanne

Two weeks ago. . . I guess almost 3 weeks ago now, we went to Arizona for the weekend since Frank was home from Iraq for his R&R (that's right, I'm totally down with the military lingo now that I'm in this military family. . . No trips to the PX with an NCO on this trip, by the way ;)) Anyway, I always take tons of pictures of the kids but I thought it would be nice to get a few of just Frank and Jeanne this time. For some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking about how hard it must be for them to be separated. Really, I just dwelt on it the whole time we were there, before we went, after we came back. . . it felt so painful to consider what that would be like (sorta like the way I just can't keep myself from "accidentally" touching lemons when I have a cut on my hand, I guess I like to torture myself, imagining these scenarios in my head). But it's weird, Frank has left before and it has sucked, but this time was just really weighing on me. So anyway, I convinced Jeanne to let me do some pictures even though I know she hates them. I just really wanted them to have some images of them touching.





So Shawn and Frank look absolutely nothing alike, and for the most part they don't act alike. I think if I were a stranger, I would never guess they were related. But every once in a while something happens, and it's so clear that they are brothers. Like, here when we started doing these pictures, Frank just had the exact same completely-nonchalant-yet-hiding-that-he-is-slightly-out-of-his-element slouch and kept saying the exact same sorta ridiculous-and-counter-productive, eye-roll-inducing-yet-charming comments that Shawn does. It was cute.












Unfortunately my battery died after like 10 mins right when I was getting started and I didn't bring my charger. (If you're a future wedding client, please don't worry about this minor oversight. I'm a professional :)) But anyway, we got a few. And I have tons more of the kids and dogs and stuff from before this- I'll post those soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Robyn, those pictures are great, and so thoughtful of you. Jeanne may not have seemed happy about them at the time, but I guarantee their children (assuming they have some) will love to look back at them, and will cherish them for many, many years. They are definitely images that will hold their value (if not increase) over time.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work (as usual). Capturing the heart, the relationship. All our best to Frank and Jeanne during separation. We can certainly empathize. Aloha, April and Ed

Courtney said...

Great job, Robyn! These are really great. You always capture the mood so well.

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.