Thursday, December 11, 2008

From Thanksgiving weekend

Man, I can't believe Thanksgiving was already 2 weeks ago! I'm going a little bit crazy trying to get everything done before Christmas- all my work, that is; I haven't even begun to think about preparations for the actual Holiday. . . . I have this goal to one day be in a place where I can just take the month of December off- the whole month!! I love the month more than any other month, yet it always ends up being my busiest with work and deadlines and all, so I don't ever get to do all of the fun December activities, so yeah- someday . . .
Anyway, the point here is that Thanksgiving happened two weeks ago and here are some pictures from the weekend. It was such a fabulous weekend. I had two photo shoots, but other than that I pretty much took the whole weekend off- I was away from the studio for 4 days- which I think is the longest time since getting it! We had Wayne visiting, which just makes me miss him more now, but it was so fun to have him here for 4 days.

So Thanksgiving Day was at my mom's. This is a self-portrait of my profile on the drive over there in my cute fall outfit- those yellow leggings are my new favorite accessory I own.
I didn't really take any pictures of Thanksgiving other than of the twins. They showed up in the cutest little matching cowboy hats and kept wanting to dance for the camera; it was A-dorable!
Brad took a video of the dance, which was apparently much more interesting for them than my blurry stills.
This one was taken right before Tyler got in trouble for doing this very thing :)
So yeah, that was Thanksgiving. I wanted to write a list in my journal that night of the first 100 things I could think of that I was thankful for, but my gratitude failed me at 29 when I fell asleep:) But here's what I came up with before the pen fell out of my hand:
Shawn (always always always Shawn)
My VitaMix
Red Robin night with the Grovers
Tatanka chasing his tail
songs that make people cry every time they hear them
people who write poetry, even though I rarely get it
fabulous California
the word "gremlin"
first loves
lasting loves
hamsters
silly movies
kindness, meekness, gentleness
straws, specifically for drinking my VitaMix drinks through
Peonies
old photo albums that remind me what a blessed life I have
Anthropologie and the girly-girl it makes me.
laughter- the sound of it, the feel of it, the look of it
that I'm always warm at night
the smell of Christmas
that I learned to read
for an extra bedroom so people can visit us
a husband who constantly reminds me how loved I am
that I live in SF and can have any food my heart desires
people who share
the person who invented the lint brush
angels
movements
people who live passionately
. . . . .

The day after Thanksgiving I had a photo shoot up in Tiburon with Heddy and Daniel and Mr. Oliver. And those pictures won't be ready for a while, but here is a sneak preview of one they used in their Christmas card.


Then, since I was only one exit away from Corté Madera, I obviously had to go to Anthropologie (god help me, I love that store). I'm not a believer in Black Friday shopping at all, but due to the current state of the economy, I felt I had to do my part :) Then after a really long time in traffic, I was finally back in the city for Pie Friday at Casa de Santos with all the friends.

Saturday was our annual tree-chopping trip, which the last two years now, has been accompanied by a trip to the Lobster Shack:
(I'm not really sure why Alex looks likes he's 2/3 the size of a normal man in that picture)
But whatever, he does such a good job playing the role of lumberjack, it doesn't really matter. Plus, he's back to looking like a normal-sized man in this one, if a bit messy.
And speaking of manly things, here is Shawn chopping down our tree. I would even go so far as to say he looks borderline macho . . .

This next picture cracks me up. It makes me really embarrassed that I'm a photographer but still have pretty much zero clue how to pose myself- seriously- what am I even doing there?!?

Sunday I wanted to take some pictures of my terribly handsome husband because he and Wayne went shopping on Saturday and Shawn bought the cleverest little vest ensemble:
He insisted on posing with his new iphone :)

Then I headed to the beach to finish my photo shoot with the Harris-Boundys. Those pictures also won't be ready for a while, but again- here's one from their Christmas card.


And there we have it- Thanksgiving weekend 2008

No comments: