Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Katie and Jonathan



I just finished working on Katie and Jonathan's wedding from back in March- two of the nicest people I have ever worked with!!- and am about to mail their pictures off to them on the East Coast. Here are some of my faves.

(I LOVED these shoes!)










Katie's parents seeing her for the first time all dressed up- Their expressions are priceless!





This little flower girl provided so much entertainment throughout the ceremony. She started by walking all the way to the 3rd or 4th row from the front and then deciding it would be a good time to distribute her flowers. She squatted down there for a good minute taking the petals out and placing them on the floor one by one with lots of intention until eventually she was coaxed out of the aisle so that the others might walk down it as well . . .


but later on, during the meat of the ceremony, she decided it was her turn to shine once again and proceeded with the petals. This time though, she wanted to clean up her mess and started singing Barney's "clean-up" song.














Every year in San Francisco there is this event called The Brides of March, and hundreds of people get dressed up in old wedding dresses and parade around the city. Well apparently they were just around the corner from the church when they heard there was a real live bride close by. All 200 plus of them stood outside the church while we were in the back taking pictures and chanted "we want the bride". It was amazing. Really, you couldn't have planned for or paid for anything like this- it was amazing! Here they are as they walked out upon the scene


and some of the "brides" and related characters that were chanting for them.










So many more great ones, but I think we'll sum it up there for now. Katie and Jonathan, thank you so much; we loved spending the day with you. It was an honor. And thanks again for being so patient with me getting sick and being so behind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Robyn I am so in love with how you shoot weddings--this is the first time I can think of when I wanted to see more wedding pictures instead of thinking I'd already been subjected to way too many. I don't know how you captured so many of the distinct feelings happening in each moment but I'm impressed.